More than 100 stakeholders helped shape Minus 9 to 5’s Common Agenda that defines our vision, goals, guiding principles, structure, strategies and measures of success.
Each family in Hampton Roads will be equipped and supported to raise children who are healthy, thriving, and ready to learn.
Ensure availability of and equal access to high quality programs and services for each child and family
Take a child and family-centered, solutions-oriented approach to meeting the needs of children and families
Our early care and education system is culturally-relevant, appreciating the uniqueness of each child and family
Our early care and education system is coordinated and seamless, reinforcing complementary strengths across the region
Strive for improved outcomes, sharing information and data transparently
Our Guiding Principles
Our work is guided by a set of guiding principles that underpin how we work collectively:
- Foster a culture of collaboration and trust, valuing and honoring the diverse perspectives of our partners and advocates and encouraging dialogue and debate
- Affirm that supportive relationships are important in driving individual and social change
- Believe families must have a voice in this process and acknowledge their critical role in their children’s lives
- Value and honor the cultural diversity and uniqueness of the individual families and of the communities within our region
- Commit to long-term efforts that achieve measurable and sustainable results to build a better system for the children and families of our region