The Early Learning and Development Working Group partners with child-care providers to enhance early learning programs for children.
- Organize a professional development and education list so child-care providers can easily find training opportunities.
- Create and pilot a shared-services model to help child-care providers work together and strengthen their businesses.
- Work with family, friend, and neighbor child care providers to provide resources, training and quality improvement opportunities.
“The Minus 9 to 5 initiative provides an incredible opportunity for me to contribute to big ideas that will improve our system of early care and education. The collaboration among organizations is allowing us to be much stronger together .”Lauren Small, Early Education Business Consultants, LLC
Early Learning & Development Members:
- Toni Cacace-Beshears, Virginia Association for Early Childhood Education
- Joetta Camp, Virginia Star Quality Initiative – Tidewater Community College
- Kristen Carter, Children’s Harbor
- Maggie Charlton, Tidewater Community College
- Sade Cole, YWCA – TCC Child Dev Center – VB
- Angela Eckhoff, Old Dominion University
- Kathryn Jessee, Chesapeake R U Ready
- Heather Kitsis, VQRIS-TCC Chesapeake
- Bari Kraus, Square One
- Marty LaGiglia, Square One
- Barb Lito, Virginia Beach Grow Smart
- Patricia Meyer, VDSS Eastern Region Lic
- Susan Perry, City of Norfolk Poverty Commission
- Kerry Ragno, Tidwater Community College
- Susanne Rakes, Child Care Aware
- Lauren Small, Early Education Business
- Sarah Sterzing, Norfolk Human Services
- Kristen Sunday, Old Dominion University
- Jacquelyn Tate, Chesapeake Public Schools
- G. Lee Taylor, Children’s Center
- Carol Wilson, Virginia Quality, Simonsdale Preschool
- Pamela Wong, Norfolk Department of Social Services