The Thriving Families Working Group helps give families the knowledge and resources they need to nurture their children. Attention is placed on the family’s critical role in their child’s development.
We seek to ensure that all families possess:
- Parental resilience
- Social connections
- Knowledge of parent and child development
- Concrete support in times of need
- Socaially and emotionally competent children
- Nurturing relationships and strong attachment to their children
- Facilitate focus groups with parents to identify family needs and challenges.
- Promote KidsPriorityOne.org so families can find and use Hampton Roads resources.
- Align parent education programs across the region so parents can easily find them.
The Minus 9 to 5 initiative is committed to understanding the unmet and recurring needs of families with young children – and in only a short time, has identified clear pathways for wide-ranging, community impact.