The Early Learning and Development Working Group partners with child-care providers to enhance early learning programs for children.
- Prioritizing early childhood workforce development and wage increases to ensure centers have a strong workforce available.
- Exploring options for philanthropic, business and other community supports for childcare systems and “family friendly” practices.
- Businesses Taking Action to Support Early Childhood Education– US Chamber of Commerce Foundation
- Promote a professional development and education hub so child-care providers can easily find training opportunities.
- Expand newly piloted shared-services model to help child-care providers work together and strengthen their businesses.
- Increase regional utilization of the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) in both centers and day home care settings.
The Minus 9 to 5 initiative provides an incredible opportunity for me to contribute to big ideas that will improve our system of early care and education. The collaboration among organizations is allowing us to be much stronger together.