More than 100 stakeholders helped shape Minus 9 to 5’s Common Agenda that defines our vision, goals, guiding principles, structure, strategies and measures of success.
Download Minus 9 to 5’s Common Agenda
Each family in Hampton Roads will be equipped and supported to raise children who are healthy, thriving, and ready to learn.
- Ensure availability of and equal access to high quality programs and services for each child and family.
- Take a child and family-centered, solutions-oriented approach to meeting the needs of children and families.
- Our early care and education system is culturally-relevant, appreciating the uniqueness of each child and family.
- Our early care and education system is coordinated and seamless, reinforcing complementary strengths across the region.
- Strive for improved outcomes, sharing information and data transparently.
Our work is guided by a set of guiding principles that underpin how we work collectively:
- Identify and close racial, cultural and socio-economic disparities within the education, health and work force sectors, to provide all children an equal opportunity to succeed.
- Foster a culture of collaboration and trust, valuing and honoring the diverse perspectives of our partners and advocates and encouraging dialogue and debate.
- Affirm that supportive relationships are pivotal in driving individual and social change.
- Believe families must have a voice in this process and acknowledge their critical role in their children’s lives.
- Value and honor the cultural diversity and uniqueness of the individual families and of the communities within our region.
- Commit to long-term efforts that achieve measurable and sustainable results to build a better system for the children and families of our region.