More than 100 stakeholders helped shape Minus 9 to 5’s Common Agenda that defines our vision, goals, guiding principles, structure, strategies and measures of success.
Each family in Hampton Roads will be equipped and supported to raise children who are healthy, thriving and ready to learn.
Our Guiding Principles
Our work is guided by a set of guiding principles that underpin how we work collectively:
- Identify and address racial, cultural and socio-economic disparities within the education, health and work force sectors, to provide all children an equal opportunity to succeed.
- Foster a culture of collaboration and trust, valuing and honoring the diverse perspectives of our partners and advocates and encouraging dialogue and debate.
- Affirm that supportive relationships are pivotal in driving individual and social change.
- Believe families must have a voice in this process and acknowledge their critical role in their children’s lives.
- Value and honor the cultural diversity and uniqueness of individual families as well as the communities within our region.
- Commit to long-term efforts that build a better system for the children and families of our region with measurable and achievable results.